Pages

{Monday Made It} Birthday Treats


As a part of my efforts to build community in my classroom, I thought that birthdays provide an excellent opportunity to celebrate my kiddos. Our students always let us know when it's their birthday. My normal response is "Well, Happy Birthday!" and I keep on rolling with math. Why not have a little acknowledgement, a little celebration, or a little token to let them know I care. Of course, I'm not trying to go broke, but a 50 pack of giant pixie sticks from Sam's Club got me more interested in this pin, so I went for it!


I bought giant pixie sticks, balloon cut-outs, birthday stickers, and a galvanized tin to hold it all together. Now, when a student tells me it's their birthday, I'll have a sweet treat to offer!


A few other pins I have on my to-do list are below:


What Pinterest projects do you have your eyes on?


6 comments

  1. Cute! What a great idea, kids LOVE pixie sticks! My next Pintrest project is the pallet wine rack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh! I like this. But I would use the smaller ones as I have WAY more students than I want to buy those big ones for!

    Cheers,
    Jameson
    Lessons With Coffee 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I found your blog through the Minds on Mathematics link-up.
    I've been reading through some of your earlier posts and I've already learned a lot!
    So glad to find another "big kid" blogger...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kim! I've been stalking your blog for a while! Hope you;re enjoying the book study!

      Delete
  4. Love the idea! Would you mind sharing where did you find the balloon cut-outs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the link! I will stop by at Eraser Dust and if I cannot find them there, I will order them online.

    ReplyDelete